Friday, April 8, 2011

Fascial Stretch Therapy

Yesterday I got stretched by Karla's friend, Robin Dunn. Robin is a certified FST - Fascial Stretch Therapist. She's great and I was so grateful she could fit me in. Robin comes here from AZ every two weeks. Karla has spoken to me about her for months and I never really thought much about it until I read an Article in this month's Runner's World about this. FST is aimed at stretching the fascia - part of the muscle that enables flexibility and movement.

Robin came to my house and worked on me for a good 80 minutes. The introductory session was longer than normal she explained but it was really amazing the results of the session. I know that a lot of my issue is not making the time to stretch or continue with my physical therapy exercises and that I also use more of my hamstring vs my glute when I run. I'm hoping to stay healthy and run a good Boston. It's a little over a week away! Crazy how time flies.

For any of you thinking of trying FST I highly recommend it. It's about the same price as a massage but money well spent for your overall health.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment