Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Less than a week away

So the race is 6 days away. Hard to fathom. My friend Kat is injured and probably won't be joining us. I'm so sad for her as she got a stress fracture in her pelvis. A few weeks prior to that she fell down the stairs as she missed a step. She said the cracked rib and the pelvis thing were entirely two different injuries. And I thought I was accident prone!

So the last few weeks I've been doing mile repeats and the repeats have been probably 15 seconds too fast. I've been averaging 7:55 pace and I am supposed to run them in like 8:05 or 8:10 pace if I want to pull off an 8:45 pace. I'm very nervous about my pace as I really haven't done consistent speed work and that's the only thing that clinches it for you.

On a separate note, due to this track work my hamstrings have been ACHING! I got the Fascial Stretch Therapy done last week and today I went to Dr. Gold and got "lasered" and got ART done. My hams feel better. I swam today and that helped. The pool at 24 hour fitness in Carlsbad is really clean - much different than the one in Rancho Penasquitos where i usually go. I'm hoping after my massage tomorrow I can chill and have a comfortable plane ride on Friday. I'm kind of glad that we switch planes in Chicago - it'll give me an opportunity to stretch my legs.

The forecast calls for rain or sun - it's hard to tell with New England weather - stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment